Friday, January 22, 2010

Rewards

Last week I started something new at our house.
It is something my mom use to do and so far it has worked great.
Lucky for Ben I have him make his bed before school. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. Instead of reminding him I decided to start rewarding him when he remembers himself.
So after he left for school one day I went to his room and to my surprise his bed was made. I found some chocolate kisses and took them up to his room along with a little note I wrote telling him - Thank you so much for making his bed and helping me keep our house clean by keeping his room clean etc... He didn't find it until bed time but was so excited. I think he was more excited about the note then the candy but that's just Ben.
Anyway they won't know what days I am going to check (or notice) and I told them it won't be everyday. So far both Ben and Brooke have made their beds EVERYDAY. I've left something 3 times in the 2 weeks since we started to keep them going. I even ran out of candy to give them and left them a little pile of marshmellows, which they loved.
Thanks mom for the good idea.

5 comments:

Kawa Rangers said...

I forgot all about that, but that is such a good idea! I remember how much I loved it, especially at easter time, because then she left easter candy. yummy.

Unknown said...

That is a really great and clever idea! I wish someone would reward me for making my bed!

Laurie said...

Glad I could help. It was as much fun for me as you. I always felt so bad when you hadn't made your bed the day I chose to check.

Holli said...

I remember that!!! Great idea. I will start it right after we get back.

Jenny said...

That is funny that you just started that, because we did too. We call it the bed fairy though, WOW is Ashlie good at making her bed now. I kind of like your idea, so I could leave a cute note. I may have to say the bed fairy went on a permanent vacation.