Lately whenever I am cooking Brooke asks if she can help. It doesn't matter what I'm making she gets her apron and pulls up a chair. Today while her friend Grace was over playing I was putting food together in the crock pot for dinner. She wanted to drop what she was doing and help, so I told her I would find something for her and Grace to make later. After asking every 5 minutes for a half hour I decided I should probably find something. For some reason when they have friends over heathy good snacks never cross my mind. We found a good, fast, full of sugar treat - homemade tootsie rolls:) They had a lot of fun, and when Brooke is having fun she usually asks if I'm going to take a picture for our computer. Yes, Brooke loves to look at everyones blogs as much as I do. So this post is for her. I love you chef brookie cookie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I don't know that I have ever had homemade tootsie rolls. You should post your recipe. I love cooking and baking and lately, Addison has been wanting to see what I'm doing, so I'll pull a chair up to the counter for her too. I hope that means when she gets older, I can sit back and relax and she'll make dinner! Good job Brooke for wanting to bake/cook! It is my favorite past time too!
How fun! What a nice mama to let them have fun and create. I need to more of that. Thanks for the inspiration!
Her apron is so cute. I haven't had homemade tootsie rolls since we were little!
Brooke, do you know how much your Mom liked to make Tootsie rolls when she was little? Lots! It was one of her favorite treats.
Post a Comment